1. Best Possible Self Exercise: Imagine yourself in the future, when everything has gone as well as it possibly could, and you have reached your full potential. Take some time to consider this each day; write about this and reflect on it.
2. Blessings Exercise: At the end of each day, reflect on three things that went well that day, for which you are grateful. Ideally done before going to sleep each day.
3. Gratitude Visit: Write a letter expressing gratitude to someone you have never
properly thanked. Visit the person and read the letter to him or her. *This is a one-time; you may want to supplement the rest of the days with reflection on the process and experience of gratitude within each of the 5 days.
4. Life Summary: Write a summary of your life as you would like to be remembered.
Reflect on what you could change to bring this about. Take some time to consider this
each day; write about this and reflect on it.
5. Savoring Exercise: Take a few minutes each day to reflect on a pleasurable
experience and enjoy the positive emotions.
6. Strengths Exercise: Identify areas of your personal strength. Find new ways to use
these strengths in your life. Spend a bit of time each day focusing on a particular
strength and how you see it operating within your life.